Keith Z Leonard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,440Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Canon need a new sensor with low read out noise
In reply to ak1999, Apr 27, 2013

ak1999 wrote:

David Hull wrote:

ak1999 wrote:

Why did you sell the Nikon then?  It can't be that you regret not being able to make shots like the OP posted because that is easily achievable if you use the equipment correctly.
-- hide signature --

Luckily I did not sell all my Nikon equipment.

I've sold D800 with a couple of lenses.

I had buyers for my Nikon 24-70 and 70-200 but decided to not sell them.

I'm not doing fast action photography any more so I decided to sell some of my gear.

D800 was my prefer choice due to intelligent auto focus point selection and  high DR for shooting in less than ideal condition.

I know how to work around 5D3 limitation (over expose a little bit and compesate in PP, use DPP to make shadow area almost monochormatic and move them to left, etc) but why should I work around a tool limit?

I'm seeing some of typical Canon apologists on this forum on the attack...

I don't know about "on the attack", maybe some are, seems more like it's simple, if you don't like the tool you can use a different tool.  It certainly isn't helping you at all to simply complain about a tool that isn't doing the job for you.

Why should you work around a tool limitation??  This one actually made me laugh, because ALL TOOLS HAVE LIMITATIONS!  I won't be trying to fling a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 plywood onto my PM2000 to cut it in 1/2, it's a limitation of one of the world's finer table saws.  I won't try to fit a Euro cross cut table saw in my shop, it's a limitation of the space in my shop.  I won't turn off every light in the house in the middle of the night and try and take photographs with ANY camera, there are limitations to all of these tools.  If you don't like a limitation of a tool you have and one is available without that constraint, seems like a good idea to go buy it if you have the cash.

Keith Z Leonard's gear list:Keith Z Leonard's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow