GPS tagging in China

Started May 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan 1964
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Re: GPS tagging in China
In reply to brandonjavajive, Apr 27, 2013

brandonjavajive wrote:

There is a lot of speculation in this thread with unfounded facts so I'd like to offer my experience having just returned from 10 days photographing Shanghai with a Canon 6D. I left the GPS function running continuously, took 40 GB of pics and never had a single issue. All of the mapping worked flawlessly and has been read accurately by Lightroom, Flickr and 500px since my return to the Philippines.

Furthermore, my experience with Chinese immigration and customs was very positive, and quite free of any hassles. There was never even a second glance at my 6D, Fuji X-E1 or bag of lenses and equipment. Out in the city I never had anyone give me trouble or even really pay much attention.

Feel free to see the data and images all intact: Flickr.com/photos/javajive and 500px.com/javajive

If you have any questions I'm happy to help.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Thank you Brandon, I'm going to visit China in a few weeks with my Canon 6D and after reading your post I'm feeling more safe.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow