Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
David Hull
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,331Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Canon need a new sensor with low read out noise
In reply to ultimitsu, Apr 27, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

aftab wrote:

From a photographic perspective, there is no reason to lift shadows here.

I think the contrary. That is nice detail to have.

Moreover, D800 here is pretty noisy too, you wont use it for any decent purpose.

Depending on what you mean by decent. I think it is decent enough for a lot of purposes which the 5D3 image would not be fit for.

Yep... either one would be fine for a PI doing survelence work.

You can argue that a car with two wheels is better than a car with one wheel. But in reality, you need a car with four wheels.

Except in this case 5D3 is the car with 2 wheels and D800 is the car with 4 wheels.

Both cars have 4 wheels and will do an excellent job if driven properly by a competent driver, as evidenced by the many races that each car has won.

I own a D600, I know what I am talking about.

Since when does ownership automatically become the certification of one "knows what he is talking about"? Does that mean those who do not own D600 must have no idea what more DR is all about?

Either of these cameras could do a much better job on this shot if they were used properly. We have all seen excellent examples of shots like this using equipment of much less capability than either of these cameras have. Neither camera seems to have the necessary DR to support this image well.

-- hide signature --
 David Hull's gear list:David Hull's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow