spiderhunter
Regular MemberPosts: 225
Like?
Re: Tilt Adapters: Anyone tried one?
In reply to moony16, Apr 27, 2013

moony16 wrote:

spiderhunter wrote:

moony16 wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/tilt-Nikon-F-lens-to-Sony-NEX-3-NEX-5-5N-NEX-3-5-3C-adapter-/360412258349?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item53ea3ea02d#ht_4087wt_890 Has anyone tried one of these or know if they work?  This sure would be awesome to eliminate perspective distortion for wide angle.

JT

-- hide signature --

Who looks outside,
dreams; who looks
inside, awakens
Carl Jung (1875-1961)

I have not tried from this seller, please ask him if it can rotate 360 degrees.

i tried another from china which only tilts down at a weird angle - it was faulty so I sent it back for refund. The seller had told me that it can rotate 360 degrees but it can't, besides it was off centered and tilt down only in that particular angle.  Be wary of big claims in the advertisements.

Be careful when ordering from China. Sometimes they may not know what they are selling. But I am not saying all sellers are no good, I am sure there are good dealers around. You need to search and go on the basis of trial and error. I guess it is like everything in life ...

SH, thank you very much for the guidance.  I agree: some Ebay sellers are not well versed with their products, & the language barrier for Chinese to English can really complicate things.  I once asked a Chinese seller for pictures done with their lens.  They were confused by my use of the preposition "with," & mistakenly sent me shots OF the lens.  LOL   However, overall I've had amazing success with the Chinese sellers on ebay, though I do stick to favorites.  I"ve bought inexpensive, split-prism focus screens for APS-c cameras, which worked as well as the ($180) Katz-eye screen.  I've also bought nice ND grads, remote controls, batteries & chargers, etc.

However, in all my years shooting other mounts, I'd never run into one of these adapters.  Before I buy, I'll be sure to post @ our NEX forum & look for thumbs up.     Best

JT

-- hide signature --

Who looks outside,
dreams; who looks
inside, awakens
Carl Jung (1875-1961)

Cheers, mate.

On another note, I wonder if anyone has tried this rather unusual looking Arax  tilt/Shift lens. I am keen to know about the IQ of the lens because it has good potential in table top photography.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARAX-2-50mm-TILT-SHIFT-lens-Sony-NEX-3-C3-NEX-5-5C-NEX-5N-NEX-5R-NEX-6-NEX-7-/271188311621?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3f24153e45

-- hide signature --

A good picture is worth one word - IMPACT.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow