Started Apr 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
migibson99
Regular MemberPosts: 211
Like?
Re: "Pie in the Sky Drive" out here...
In reply to Michael Firstlight, Apr 27, 2013

Michael Firstlight wrote:

For the desktop, Metro is awful.

Worse, I am a developer and installed the very first developer preview edition within the first hour of its release

This is the part of the "debate" that perplexes me.    I don't know you well enough to call you an expert, but  given that you are a developer, I would assume you have a reasonably good idea of what you are talking about.  You appear to be someone who can comment knowledgably about Windows 8, and you are critical, yet many proponents of Windows 8 dismiss all criticsm as coming from people who are lazy or not techically savy (among other things).   You seem to be neither.

I just don't see how people can be so dismissive of criticism.    At what point do you stop blaming the user, and look to the software itself?

For the record, I did dowload the preview version of Windows 8 into a VM, and I did try to work my way around it.  Didn't like it.  I'm no expert, so I can't really comment on the technical merits (or lack thereof) of Windows 8.  I'm just a regular user, and I didn't like it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow