Aaanouel got me thinking..Can I have your Honest Opinion, Please?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
aaanouel
Senior MemberPosts: 5,066Gear list
Like?
Re: My humble opinion?
In reply to Stephen McDonald, Apr 27, 2013

Stephen McDonald wrote:

I like the .50 transitions. In fact I'm going to start using them myself, for some scenes. They are quick, like it's almost a jump-cut, buy yet smooth.

Right

This is for action scenes or where action is anticipated. For scenery however, a slower solid fade is good.

Agree.

I really am annoyed by gimmicky transitions that too many people use-------pictures spinning around or breaking up into pixie dust and then re-materializing-------

Ha!!! And what about flying letters to make word, flying words to make phrases or flying phrases to make texts... it's really booooring and annoying, LOL!!!

you know what I mean. There really are times when different transitions are best and I'm going to have to start being more versatile with mine.

Yes, it helps a lot for doing more attractive sequences

I remember the good old days when jump-cuts were all you had, unless you used an expensive Avid Suite or something like that. Crash editing from VCR to VCR was what I did, until I jumped into HDTV and a fast computer, five years ago and actually got a digital video editing program. My fingers and my brain were the program before that.

That's right Steve, it was terrible, but once digital video processing appeared, our editing table and computers made it very easier task. Anyway, I take my hat off in front of News makers, they have to edit videos, sound and text for producing a half an hour program, in a matter of few minutes, that's expertise for real!!!

Computers put in hands of common people so many tools... but experts only need and use only few of them for doing master works.

-- hide signature --

aaanouel
Truth is a pathless land.
The dead past darkens the ever living present.
Corrections and critics are more than very welcome, desirables.

aaanouel's gear list:aaanouel's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P73 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Sony SLT-A65 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow