Aaanouel got me thinking..Can I have your Honest Opinion, Please?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bill Borne
Forum ProPosts: 18,419Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve
In reply to Stephen McDonald, Apr 27, 2013

Stephen McDonald wrote:

I like the .50 transitions. In fact I'm going to start using them myself, for some scenes. They are quick, like it's almost a jump-cut, buy yet smooth. This is for action scenes or where action is anticipated. For scenery however, a slower solid fade is good. I really am annoyed by gimmicky transitions that too many people use-------pictures spinning around or breaking up into pixie dust and then re-materializing-------you know what I mean. There really are times when different transitions are best and I'm going to have to start being more versatile with mine.

I remember the good old days when jump-cuts were all you had, unless you used an expensive Avid Suite or something like that. Crash editing from VCR to VCR was what I did, until I jumped into HDTV and a fast computer, five years ago and actually got a digital video editing program. My fingers and my brain were the program before that.

-- hide signature --

Yes, I'm now thing that .5 is a good time...maybe even less? Have to try less. I used flipping (reveal) on description photos to accentuate them.

Thanks for your opinions Steve....Especially since you are "The Video Man" here.

-- hide signature --
 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H200 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow