Any thing wrong with using AF-C permanently?

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,594
Like?
Understand now
In reply to starman1969, Apr 27, 2013

starman1969 wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

starman1969 wrote:

I use AF-S for most shooting, although I enable 'Release Mode' in settings. This is because I nearly always focus then recompose.

If focusing then re-composing in AF-S mode with 'Focus Priority' option enabled the camera will not fire if the selected focus point is on an area that is out of focus. Hope this makes sense

Just checked using the D7K/D70 If you are in AF-S and get a green confirmation light and hold it with half press...you can recompose and shutter will fire even if you point to the sky in "focus priority". Once you have the green "in focus light" light, it stops checking and assumes in focus regardless of what is in the FOV of the focus array. If you let go the half press....you have to start over, of course.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Thanks for the correction. I did mean letting go of the AF before re-composing.

That makes sense.  Realize AF-C with AF-ON does exactly the same thing as your doing, but with far more accuracy and control once learned

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AllNew
ManyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow