Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Isabel Cutler
Forum ProPosts: 14,310
Like?
Disappointed with e-PL5 + Panasonic 45-200 on Florida trip
Apr 27, 2013

I have liked the 45-200 since I bought it, but have noted it's often reluctant to lock focus, even with the smallest focus box.

I found this extremely frustrating on a trip to an animal sanctuary, missing many shots because of the slow focus lock.  I also found  using the manual focus assist difficult because the picture bounced around so much, even though the lens' stabilization was on (camera's off).

I came to the conclusion that when pictures will have motion (e.g. capturing a butterfly or walking duck) I'd be much better off giving up my desire to go light weight, and taking my 7D + 17-55 and 70-200 lenses (although I'd prefer to have more lenses with me!)

As you know, a heavy camera bag can put a real damper on the enjoyment of photography on the go.

I did, however, love the image quality from my Panasonic 20D when motion capture wasn't critical, as well as the low noise high ISO images.

Embedded image, even at original size will not look as high quality as visiting the pbase website: http://www.pbase.com/isabel95/image/149881191

Isabel

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 7D Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow