Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
AdamT
Forum ProPosts: 56,222Gear list
Like?
Re: Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter
In reply to twamers, Apr 27, 2013

We already agreed on another thread the other day that if you print at a4 size and put in a frame and view then the average person will see virtually no difference (D7000 vs. D7100).

Nor would you between those cameras and the D50, D70, D80 etc . A4 isn`t very demanding , Files from the 2.7Mp D1H would print bigger than that with ease

I've been entertained by this thread but ultimately for me the only right answer is what makes each individual happy for what they do.  Happy shooting.

Correct, buy it if you need it otherwise its a waste ..

a very sharp 24Mp opens up opportunities for very heavy cropping which means that a fast sharp prime can be left on instead of a slow, optically compromised zoom . this is what I loved about the D2X in its day - it had a very very weak very high quality AA filter which meant you really got your moneys worth from that noisy 12Mp sensor at low ISOs , the croppability was amazing compared to the regular 6Mp/8Mp cams of its time . the D7100 is that all over again but 24Mp comapred to 12, 16 and 18Mp and without the horrendous High ISO performance which let the otherwise Stellar D2X down .

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Sigma DP1 Fujifilm X-S1 Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P330 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
DataNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow