Isn't it amazing......

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
fotolopithecus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,699Gear list
Like?
Re: Isn't it amazing......
In reply to Future user, Apr 27, 2013

I've been told that the improved sensor quality in recent camera generations has actually begun to slow down. Now folks look at slight improvements at 100% and shout WOW! incredible difference. If you doubt that just look at the DXOmark results for the D90 in comparison to any other DX camera, and note. Very slight progress since then in the real world. Of course we all love a new camera however slight the improvement, but perhaps we would do better to spend extra cash on optics, and buy new cameras every four, or five years as in the film days.

I guess it comes down to what your hobby actually is, photography, or gear. I'm a little of both, I love taking pictures out of doors. It's fun, and relaxing to me, but I'm also kind of interested in the gear. I'm not interested much in features, that's another hobby in, and of itself, but I'm interested in the technology that makes a camera work.

All you Guys under 40 will one day understand that two, and a half years is an eye blink, and that you start to get attached to your cameras. When I pass on, whatever camera I have will have to be pryed out of my cold dead fingers, of that I'm pretty sure.

fotolopithecus's gear list:fotolopithecus's gear list
Nikon D610 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow