Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,445Gear list
Like?
Re: A little hint here, periods of quiet there, now another little hint
In reply to breeze_of_wind, Apr 27, 2013

breeze_of_wind wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

breeze_of_wind wrote:

This is getting awfully tired.  Rumors from China now get us all excited.  As a small company I thought Pentax had the potential to be nimble and quick.  It now seems they are at best at being slow and obtuse. A sad day.

John

I'm curious, how do you define "nimble and quick" vs "slow and obtuse"? You're giving such verdicts based on what?

Alex

Hi Alex

A reasonable question.  The company seems to recognize that they have to produce a product that will be seen as unique.  That is a good thing.  They also may recognize the importance of the K-mount tradition and that may put some limit on their next steps -- one can only hope.  That being said, one wonders how they see the world.  The slight glances "under the tent" offer little information.  While others roll out "new" product they seem to be taking a more measures response route.  They have good product in the various K-5s, they have a loyal if smallish base of committed users, and most importantly one assumes their debt levels are quite manageable.  In this world I would have expected a more aggressive, definitive statement about the future.  "Hod on we are coming."

John

The others have the advantage of continuous, uninterrupted operation. They weren't forcibly taken over, stripped then sold out. That doesn't make them "nimble and quick", and so far I don't see any reason to consider Pentax "slow and obtuse" - whatever that means. Such judgement can only be made after Pentax Ricoh had a chance to start rolling out their plans (products), which is happening as we speak.

Statements about the future were made several times, but what good if they're ignored?

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow