Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
twamers
Regular MemberPosts: 276Gear list
Like?
Re: Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter
In reply to Jared Huntr, Apr 27, 2013

We already agreed on another thread the other day that if you print at a4 size and put in a frame and view then the average person will see virtually no difference (D7000 vs. D7100). I asked that question as that's how I print (I don't do birding or major on landscapes) and where my interest lays in this discussion.

If you do other things with the photos - blow up mega size, heavy crops, mega size tv's, projectors etc etc then I'm sure the differences are there.

The D7100 is very clearly an excellent piece of kit and builds on the D7000 and extends the technologies as we'd expect - otherwise why release it?

The big question is what does the photographer want and need based on what they do.  I'm very happy with my D7000 for what I do and I have no need to upgrade - all the things I've mentioned in para 2 are of no interest to me.

But others will have a need because their requirements are different. They will say the D7100 is best for them and they will be right - it's just not for me.

I've been entertained by this thread but ultimately for me the only right answer is what makes each individual happy for what they do.  Happy shooting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
DataNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow