Canon is no. 1 for 10 straight years

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Forum ProPosts: 10,000Gear list
Like?
Re: Bodies come and go, lenses stay...
In reply to MrScorpio, Apr 27, 2013

MrScorpio wrote:

In my view, it is the glass which is the strength of Canon. I am always surprised when people speak of shifting systems because of a camera body. The glass is what you are stuck with and really buy into.

I'm curious about this comment (against the backdrop that I am unfamiliar with any Canon lens longer than the 200/f2.8 II). It's long been common knowledge and my personal experience that Canon UW and UWA lenses were weakish in outer zone performance and there are gaps in the prime lineup. Recent releases are changing that there's still work left to be done.

By the way, I totally agree with your premise and IMO another good reason to consider using both brands (if one is so inclined to tote two cameras to begin with which I am).

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. TJ said, "Every generation needs a new revolution".

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SadNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow