Difference between ACR Calibration and Colorchecker Passport

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
naththo
Regular MemberPosts: 262Gear list
Like?
Re: Difference between ACR Calibration and Colorchecker Passport
In reply to naththo, Apr 27, 2013

Hi,

Monitor is calibrated with Spyder4Elite with most setting used. Calibrated monitor manufacturer 250cd/m^2 as it was over 250 so I tweaked it down to 250 as I recommended as since I don't like 120 cd/m^2 at all which is too dull. Being at 120 all text looks like grey to me and white looks like grey as well make it much harder to read. Yuck! I don't do home printing much as I preferred photo lab is cheaper option.

No. I was unable to do that without Canon 50D as it is sold to my mum for her optometrist work with equipment to take photos inside eyes. And sold my Canon 7D to a customer in Adelaide. So I am with Sony Nex 7. So that mean having to obtain off online from http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E50D/E50DTHMB.HTM and I chose raw on http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E50D/E50DhMULTI00100.HTM. Thats the only best one I could find. So unfortunately I cannot produce my own one since those both are sold. So thats a real bummer. I should have done it before but too late now. Most of my old photos of both Canon 50D and 7D are raw files as well. I will try make my own acr and try make it look same as on DPP. They are close but not quite. It just need a bit of tweaking. I will do that experiment hoping to obtain closest result as I can because it will be better than ACR or Passport calibration software with original Canon color except I tweak to make skies a bit more bluer than Canon set on to match other like Pentax/Sony blue skies lookalike. Canon weakness is blue skies is the reason why. But does well with portrait color and foliage color.

naththo's gear list:naththo's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow