Please share your thoughts: 100d a good travel replacement/companion for 60D ?

Started Apr 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hoefie
Regular MemberPosts: 251Gear list
Like?
Please share your thoughts: 100d a good travel replacement/companion for 60D ?
Apr 27, 2013

Hello to all,

I have a 60D with several lenses (primes, zooms and L). I am VERY happy about my current kit! But on a few occasions I had the feeling wanting to carry something a bit lighter and less bulky.

I know that the 60d is small when compared to a 5dIII, but still, when travelling or having both kids (age of 2 and 4) on a day trip with my 60d it can be sometimes just a bit too much heavy.

I never wanted to add a m4/3 system to my kit for several reasons:

- I did not want to invest in a complete new line up of lenses, as i have already a very nice canon lens collection

- fast AF is important for me (kids of that age NEVER stand still)

- m4/3 with ef/efs adapter: i loose all communication between body and lens (af, ...)

- i prefer the use of an optical viewfinder

According to you, would the canon 100d be a perfect travel/day trip body replacement for my 60d. I would keep the 60d to be used most of the time.

I am a bit worry that for example a 100d with my 17-55mm 2.8 and 70-200 f4 (my 2 most used zooms) will be still bulky.

I could indeed use the 100d with one or two of my primes, but i believe i would rather have the flexibility of the zooms when travelling or during day trips, avoiding to have too many lenses to carry with me.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

Regards for Belgium

Hoefie's gear list:Hoefie's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +6 more
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow