Building a PC

Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tareq Abdulla
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: Building a PC
In reply to Tareq Abdulla, Apr 27, 2013

Again, a new update and it will be maybe the last update:

Because of you, i was visiting Dubai yesterday for an exhibition, after that i planned to visit one big center there that is for computer shops all around, i spend little time to see around and stopped in one shop, i ended up out from this shop with the following:

1. Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 660Ti, i saw GTX 670/680/690, ASUS and Gigabyte, wasn't sure with of the two companies and also if i should go with 660 or 670, but i remember you advised me to save budget and go with 660 instead of 670, so i took that 660Ti, is this s good one then? I can take a snapshot of the box and posted here if you want, so the computer shop can take back their cheap GPU and replace it with what i bought, i told you i will not use that cheapo even for 1 month, didn't know i will find higher cards in my country from one store.

2. WD 2TB Black Caviar HDD 7200rpm, so i can take out my 500GB blue one and put this 2TB, is it a good one to go with?

3. Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz [two] = 16GB, for my laptop, so this is out of our topic here

4. Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB kit [2x 8GB] DDR3 1600MHz [two] = 32GB, so do you think this one is also good RAM to go with?

As you can see, i didn't wait long to put things again right, whatever budget i wasted i don't regret and i never look back, later when the computer is done tonight i will give my impressions about it.

And asking me about that RAM Kingston 8GB on the machine before it is replace, it is only one stick, 1x 8GB, but it wasn't the reason for the issue, the technician found out that the cooling or heatsink is not detached or not attached directly on the processor, so he will replace it with something that can be attached without gap or something, we will see soon when i go back after he redoing things again with updates.

Anything else i should check out after those updates?

Tareq Abdulla's gear list:Tareq Abdulla's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
rhit MOD
rhit MOD
rhit MOD
hereNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow