Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Revenant
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Re: Welcome to M43, Kodak
In reply to s_grins, Apr 27, 2013

s_grins wrote:

Sergey Borachev wrote:

Lets hope this new Kodak S1 rumour is true.  Sony sensor.  Could it also have s sensor like the OMD one?  I don't think it can afford to get some brand new one designed for just this camera.   Release in Q3!

http://www.43rumors.com/new-pictures-of-the-kodak-s1-mft-camera/

This could be a very significant, strategically speaking, development, to have another maker of M43 cameras, after the recent Black Magic cinema camera announcement.  That will make M43 more attractive to independent lens makers and hopefully attract even more support from other hardware and software suppliers.  A universal mount standard is taking shape  

Probably, you did not read camera announcement carefully. This is not M43 camera, this is the camera with 4/3 sensor. I think you understand the difference.

Anyway, I appreciate new evolving brand and new competitor.

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

This is indeed a m4/3 camera. JK Imaging (the official licensee of the Kodak brand) joined the m4/3 consortium some time ago, and they are listed as a supporting company on the official website. Also, the camera has the official m4/3 logo.

None of this is new, though. JK Imaging made an early announcement of this camera already last year.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow