MFT shipments down

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,012Gear list
Like?
Re: MFT shipments down...NOT
In reply to amalric, Apr 27, 2013

There's also another factor at play: people don't learn photography anymore unless they have pro ambitions, the general knowledge is getting so lost that even pros in the US had to spend half of their money, not on equipment, but on photography courses, according to the.me.IOW taking pictures, has just become an app of portable conputing. I suspect that the cameras that are still bought are just status symbols, so you see ultra expensive models with a fixed lens. Even selling more than one lens becomes difficult, as Mr. Terada remarked - and that was the 45mm, a portrait lens for the family.

One has only to look at the forums to see how photographic culture is getting lost.

Every culture will have a rsie and a fall and get extinct. I do not see it as a loss, but as a change to something different. Something new. You can chose to be a part of it or not.

Instead of trying to improve their skills people only try to find another magic wand in gear. When they won't see any improvement, they'll just look for another hobby. So even  the policy of introducing some additional feature every six months, and a facelift, is going to fizzle out in the long run.

Might be correct nbut than that is the way it is. I do think that of all camera's the most serious ones will be least affected as these have always been bought by those who do care about these things.

That at least is true for the oldest markets, hoping that Asia and its billions will come to the rescue at some point.

Personally I think it is wiser not to resent things or judging them (people, devlopments). I go with the flow and make my personal choices based on what is available and what I liek. if something isn't there (anymore) then I go for what comes close.

Also I can imagine some people are still sad for the demise of film and will have a similar stance on DSLRs as compared to SLRs. It is not taking them anywhere I think rather then feeling a loss, sad etc.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow