Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,312Gear list
Like?
Re: Again, this says little too
In reply to deckfrost, Apr 27, 2013

deckfrost wrote:

Jorginho wrote:

We need answers if we want to know, not assumptioms.

1) Are people shooting more with iPhones etc simply because they make it easy?

It s not only easy, it s bloody good if you do not need shallow DOF.And with your iphone you can edit with quite powerful softwares and email / upload to facebook/flikr/whatever strait away.Make a normal camera look like dinosaur.

nowdays there is very little point spending money on a clumpy camera to take pics with large DOF, the quality is incremental at best.The shallow DOF is the only thing that differentiate cameras from Iphone 5/5s/6 etc..

And these numbers show that less and less people care.Phones are becoming good enough and its only going to get worst are they are getting better each passing generation.

Assumptions. These numbers tell us nothing. Zip. If all you base yourself on is assumptions. may be you also think a camera is good because DxOmark sensorscores show you it is a very good sensor.

There are many more aspects to a camera than just a sensor and there is more to trends and their signifcance than 5 quarters of date not even covering all seasons twice...

If an iPhone can do everything a FF can, I'll be mor ethan happy. I think these are tools, how a get from a to b to me is relevant: in the easiest way. In the end, it is the skill of the photographer that for 90% dictates if the pic is good, mediocre or bad.

Also: if more people shoot it is possible more talented photographers will emerge, raising the standard of photography. But that is an assumption too...

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow