Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,054
Like?
do not know
In reply to coudet, Apr 27, 2013

coudet wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

Is it really beyond the realm of possibility that the lack of a blur filter would enable a sharper picture?

Nope, and no one said it wouldn't...just in the case of the D7100, it made no practical difference.

It does make some difference.

We really do not know that as we have no example of a D7100 with an AA filter. (D5200 uses a different sensor/ADC). Nikon says it made no difference and why it was left our of the design of the D7100.

But, it does not really give more resolution which is the most important thing. For more resolution, I say again, you need more megapixels. Just compare D800 with both D7100 and D5200, it spanks both equally.

Where dpreview makes a mistake is saying that it's neutral to image quality. It's not. What they should say at the conclusion is that it does give a crisper picture than D5200, and that it does show significantly more artifacts than D5200 (look at the coin).

Again, different sensor...can't contribute the difference you see to just a lack of an AA filter.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
DataNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow