Canon is no. 1 for 10 straight years

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,824Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon is no. 1 for 10 straight years
In reply to rebel99, Apr 27, 2013

rebel99 wrote:

My 1DsMkII is far better than my 1DMkIV. Could just be a one off situation or the way I use the cameras, but is smokes the new body at everything focus related.

that is like saying model T Ford automobiles beat the latest models in bumper test, which is true but what does that really mean? and i find your statement " My 1DsMkII is far better than my 1DMkIV" seems a bit exaggerated, don't you think so?

It may not be though. When I first got into sports photography the 1DSii was the faster of my two cameras, the other being the 1DS. I also had an Olympus E3 which was useless for sports.

I found the 1DSii perfect for sports except its max FPS was 4. Autofocus wise, it was really good and I'm not sure that it wasn't better in that regard than the 1Div.

I've tried all kinds of permutations with the AF of the 1Div. Some people have different settings but mine are all tuned to running and athletics. I also now use my 1Ds3 body for that as it's underused otherwise. It's certainly not less good than the1Div (apart from 5fps)

-- hide signature --

Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh (Irish Gaelic)
A good word never broke a tooth.

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list:Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SadNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow