SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
JosephScha
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,210Gear list
Like?
Re: SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!
In reply to ultimitsu, Apr 27, 2013

Thank you for a much more useful answer.  I read the article on ISO and I understand it.  I don't think I disagreed with it ever but I was not using the terminology it suggests.  I will from now on.  So, exposure is what happens at the sensor, in-camera ISO or brightness as adjusted in a raw converter is called brightening. Good term.  Intuitive.  Let me say in my defense that as the article points out even much of the literature (and in fact the slider in Adobe Camera Raw that affects brightening) still uses the word "Exposure" where it should be "Brightening" (or perhaps for ACR's slider it could be "ISO adjust").

I've also read the "FAQ" on Equivalence that Great Bustard posted on the Oly forum under a previous user name.   I understand now that this has nothing to do with equivalent brightness but it does have to do with equivalent exposure (light on the sensor).

I am not yet sure that "Equivalence" as defined in the faq is worth my effort to consider, but I do understand what it is - he spells it out clearly.  I'll read the FAQ again in the morning.

BTW: Even that article on ISO spoke about light intensity (light per unit area) on the sensor. Made good sense to me.  Talking about total light on different sized sensors ...  again, I'll have to reread the FAQ in the morning.

-- hide signature --

js

JosephScha's gear list:JosephScha's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow