Current GF1 owner, is the GX1 worth buying at this point or should I wait for something else?

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ocean View
Regular MemberPosts: 287
Like?
Re: By all means.....yes!!!
In reply to Ben Herrmann, Apr 27, 2013

Ben Herrmann wrote:

I still have the GF-1 and it's definitely stayin' in my collection because at ISO 400 and below, it is a sterling performer.  Of course, that old low rez optional EVF is a bit dated, that's for sure.  But those images are stellar and it's a classic.

Now enter the GX1.  I bought two of 'em - yup, I'm a sicko.  Bought the first one with the X lens for only $379 (you have to keep your eyes open to deals on the 4/3 rumors forum) and although the X lens is not the sharpest in the world, the combo is superb - with a drastically improved high ISO capability over the earlier GF1.  I loved the camera so much that I purchased a second body for only $249 - again a tip gotten off of the 4/3 rumors forum.  Both were new by the way - not refurbished.

So yes, although I'm keeping my GF1, the GX1 is a logical upgrade with many performance parameters that are greatly improved over the earlier GF1 - in particular, superb high ISO capabilities.

But I strongly suggest that you keep the ole' GF1 in your collection because if you were to part with it, you'd probably be sorry that you did.  But picking up the GX1 is a no-brainer - it's that good!

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Wow, you are addicted to the GF/GX series! LOL

I know what you mean about the deals on 4/3 rumors.

I've been checking that site almost daily to see what was on sale.

Almost bought the GF5 with the X series 14-42 lens but glad I didn't and got the GX1 instead.

I plan to use both cameras when I go on a walk and see how both compare.

Oh btw, at these prices it's hard to pass up.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow