Monitor Choice, Graphic Card, etc... :(

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lord Mox
Regular MemberPosts: 158Gear list
Like?
Re: Monitor Choice, Graphic Card, etc... :(
In reply to NewsyL, Apr 27, 2013

Thank you guys for the your detailed replies. Much appreciated. Just to clarify, I am currently shooting with sRGB setting in my camera, not adobe sRGB which is an available option...my desire for a wide gamut is to be able to have the option in the future..I am not going to spend another $1000 anytime soon on a monitor that's for sure.

The things is, reading your comments, and your links, made me a bit confused. Does using a wide gamut monitor like DELL's 2413 affects my current sRGB work-flow in a negative way (e.g. introduce color banding, etc..)? Can't I set the monitor to be standard sRGB only for the time being and only use its wide gamut capability when needed??

All I need really, is (1) to be able to see my photos as real as possible...with a budget of ~$700. (2) to be future proof at least for 2 yrs considering that my photography skills are hugely improving with time as I am dedicating a lot of time for it...as a hobby though, not making money nor thinking about making money out of it in the future. But I know for sure, that I will start printing for my own collection..that's why I am eager to get a solid monitor and start doing real editing.

Thanks guys...

Lord Mox's gear list:Lord Mox's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow