Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stacey_K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,402Gear list
Like?
Re: Astonishing but the same everywhere else too
In reply to Shunda77, Apr 27, 2013

Shunda77 wrote:

There seems to be such a need for the new equipment to be more than it really is, almost as if the very wellbeing of certain individuals hinges on it.

I wonder if this is true for most consumer goods, I guess it probably is when it comes down to it.

It is. Go look at the computer hardware forums or really any forum that involved any sort of tech discussion. It's no different.

I play some online video games (wow) and a year or so ago wanted a better video card. At my monitors resolution do I now need the newer card capable of more than my current 90 frames per second (that I'd never see..)? Should I rush out and replace my one year old card because they have a new one that will do faster frame rates at a resolution I never use? Nope, have no need or interest in one right now.

Some people just MUST have the latest/greatest and anyone who doesn't see the need to upgrade each cycle is "clueless" etc. Sound familiar?

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Stacey_K's gear list:Stacey_K's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
DataNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow