First look at the E-P5

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
dylanear
Senior MemberPosts: 2,343Gear list
Like?
YES! Re: Consider selling E-M5 for E-P5?
In reply to Laszlo13, Apr 27, 2013

Laszlo13 wrote:

It seems there's quite a bit of interest in the E-P5, but enough for people to considering selling the E-M5 for E-P5?

I LOVE my E-M5, but don't use the viewfinder all that much. Really miss being able to put my E-P1 with 20mm pancake in a large pant or jacket pocket.
I have thought lately about getting one of the good E-P3 values around.

But the E-P5 has the fantastic 16mp sensor, the awesome IBIS, I can retire my clunky Eye-Fi card, has built in flash for night time social pics, FRONT command dial (yay!!) Cleaner, even more vintage retro styling. It's still not as pretty as a the Fuji X cams, nor has the awesome manual controls of the Fujis, but the Fujis are a bit too big and APS-C scale lenses are too big for my portable use, they lack IBIS and there just isn't the fantastic range and value of lenses that MFT has.
I think this a GREAT new PEN. I should wait to see the real deal to be sure, but I'll say if this turns out like it looks like it will?? I say WELL DONE OLYMPUS!! And will certainly consider trading in my E-M5 or selling some Nikon lenses to get the new E-P5. Now if it has a new, higher rez VF on the back that doesn't stick up like the E-M5? I WILL be selling the EM-5.

dylanear's gear list:dylanear's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800E Olympus PEN E-P5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow