Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daisy AU
Senior MemberPosts: 1,560Gear list
Like?
Re: Data
In reply to Mako2011, Apr 27, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:Mr Hamments says the smudges on the bottles are in focus, I say it's in focus, you say it isn't.  Let's see now...

No, he said the image is front focused. You point to the wiz wheel and say it is not and then use that area to validate your conclusions. Since it's not in focus, some of your conclusions are based on faulty data.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

With all due respect to both of you, the point is there is a difference in the test shots of the D7100 and D5200, which appears to be because of the removal of the low pass filter.  The statement that this difference is of no use in "practical" photography is relative to what each person expects of their photography.  Why keep on arguing about this?

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Daisy AU - Brisbane

Daisy AU's gear list:Daisy AU's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S9100 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
DataNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow