SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,893
Like?
examples vs examples
In reply to SirSeth, Apr 27, 2013

SirSeth wrote:

$2999 - $1299 = $1700  Approx. difference in cost between 5DIII and OM-D with a kit lens just as an example. I think most people just get this.

$699 - 1299 = -$600 Approx. difference in cost between NEX 6 and OM-D with a kit lens just as an example. I think most people just get this.

950g - 425g = 525g  And the OM-D isn't the lightest or smallest mirrorless camera. I also think most people get the size difference.

345g - 425g = -80g And the NEX 6 isn't the lightest or the smallest mirrorless camera. I also think most people get the size difference.

The difference in IQ is harder to quantify,

The difference in IQ is easy to quantify, one just need to look at the DXO measurements.

but the bottom line is that the OM-D is so much better than the 5DIII at being cheaper, lighter, and smaller while still providing fantastic IQ for 95% of shooting situations, that it's hard to disparage.

but the bottom line is that the NEX 6 is so much better than the OM-D at being cheaper, lighter, and smaller while still providing fantastic IQ for 95% of shooting situations, that it's hard to disparage.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow