George Bush library inaugurated

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Don_D
Forum ProPosts: 12,078Gear list
Like?
Re: Let me get this straight Henry......
In reply to Collett, Apr 27, 2013

Collett wrote:

Don_D wrote:

Collett wrote:

Henry Schobin wrote:

Go and find out for yourself, you might even learn why 0bama likes W and why he has continued his policies.

-- hide signature --

Rethink your last comment.

I) Obama likes Bush - er not so sure about that.  He needs Bush (as his scapegoat :-)) - but likes him? I doubt it...

II) Obama has continued Bush's policies.  - I Agree on many counts

III) You don't like Obama's policies.  I am pretty sure I have that one right

therefore... ?

iV) a) You did not like some of Bush's policies? or b) You like some of Obama's policies?

a, b. or ?

-- hide signature --

Jim

At the library opening, Obama gave Bush credit for the immigration bill now working it's way through Congress.  He figured this would garner a few Republican votes.

Makes sense, and Bush II was pretty good at appealing to the Hispanic vote.  Better than most Republicans.

This shows that he would rather have the bill passed than take credit for it.  Clever and shows Obama's character.

I don't know Don.  I like Obama as much as any politician, more so than most, but he is a politician and they do often have ulterior motives that are more telling than their character.  Both parties want to get that Hispanic vote, and any form of political victory would be a plus for Obama that he could use as political capital.

All I said was that it shows Obama's character, I didn't say if this aspect was good or bad...

You're right of course, an immigration bill will benefit the Democrats more than the Republicans.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow