SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jeff Tokayer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,912
Like?
Re: OT, backups ..... Jeff......
In reply to Guy Parsons, Apr 27, 2013

Guy Parsons wrote:

Jeff Tokayer wrote:

Back to forums (or seeing that we have gone all Latin - fora), sure beats doing anything useful. Currently wasting time on the 'net because this notebook is doing a horrendously long backup to  my NAS, yikes, another 23 hours to go.

Are you doing a wi-fi backup? I did that once and it took 3 days. My subsequent full backup, using a gigabit network, took only 6 hours.

Um, yes indeed, it is WiFi as I'm too lazy to drag the cable from behind the TV over to the coffee table. Hey, it gives me something to complain about, and isn't what what forums are all about?

What I do dread is adding more capacity (another 3TB) to the NAS, 4 drives capacity, 3 only at the moment (1TB+1TB+3TB). The restriping seems to take forever. And later I want to replace the two 1 TB drives with 3 or 4 TB drives, oh boy, that will takes many days to sort itself out.

Regards..... Guy

I only have 2 1TB drives. I can imagine the pain of backing up 3 3TB drives.

I decided to make the NAS my main drive, so I don't have to go trough backups again. Using Raid 1, gives me one safe backup.

-- hide signature --

My nickel, since the penny is being discontinued...
Jeff.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow