Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 18,199
Like?
Re: Pentax China Confirms FF DSLR and Pro APS-C body
In reply to miles green, Apr 27, 2013

miles green wrote:

If it were a milk, it would have the Ricoh brand on it for 2 reasons:

1. Ricoh has a long rangefinder history

2. Not to cause panic amongst Pentax users for abandoning the K mount for FF.

Of course, there would be an adaptor to K mount.

Made by Novoflex!

My guess i that the Pentax FF will be a dslr with a classic look (think black-lacquered brass). It will have a big OVF that will be precise enough to manually focus a fast prime. A split prism will be available. It will be excellent in low light, sporting a 20 megapixel sensor with no AA filter. The buffer and fps will be low to keep the price down. It will have the AF module of the K5ii, and also SR.

The digital LX could be fun: your choice between OVF and EVF, just remove the pentaprism and place the EVF there instead.

Wasn't that what Exakta used to do very successfully?

With Ricoh's lego-block proclivities a slot in slot out pentaprism/evf could give slimline or ovf hump to order.  Flange back distance would be covered by yet another manufacturer-provided oem K mount adapter.  The trick of course is to make all these components so slick to mount that each version appears to be a crafted camera in its own right.  Everybody will be happy - make the camera of your dreams from a construction set of components.  Want a completely new camera - buy some more components and re-cycle the rest.

If this is the new-future then I can understand why it has taken so long to put together.

FF dslr?  Easy-peasy - rack up yet another me-too dslr in a month or so .... (give or take a year).

MightyMike wrote:

audiobomber wrote:

MightyMike wrote:

I predict a FF mirrorless with a new mount, thats not really what i want, its what i predict.

But the rumour says "Pentax China Confirms FF DSLR". A MILC would not be a DSLR.

-- hide signature --

Dan

Hmmm... maybe a digital LX ? tons of accessories and features

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow