Between Panasonic GX1 and Olympus E-P3

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Questions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,693Gear list
Like?
Re: Between Panasonic GX1 and Olympus E-P3
In reply to LudwigVB, Apr 26, 2013

I've shot a lot with Canon, Panasonic, and Olympus and most of my friends shoot Canon or Nikon (surprise surprise). Even they regard Olympus colors and the JPG engine to be very very good. Some of us feel colors and other positives of Olympus cameras outweigh the high ISO advantages of Canon or Nikon APS-C. That's a personal choice, but few people I know that shoot Canon or Nikon feel that Canon or Nikon colors are better than Olympus. That's my experience at least. Olympus knows colors and has a JPG engine that is really hard to beat.

Not that the GX1 is a bad camera, but if shooting JPGs primarily, the Olympus has an edge in the JPG engine for color. Personally, I prefer in-body IS and the capacitive touch screen as well. Both cameras are a great deal at going prices. Expect the E-P3 to sell for even less when the E-P5 hits.

Best,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow