7d Mk II - This does not make sense!

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
katman68
Regular MemberPosts: 480
Like?
End result of my wet 7D....
In reply to andrewsf, Apr 26, 2013

andrewsf wrote:

Mine got rained on and stopped working. Canon refused to repair as they stated "The camera isn't weather sealed, it's weather resistant"

It's not as tough as the marketing initially made it out to be. Treat with common sense and care.

Andrew

Exactly how persistent were you Andrew, or did you take the word from some lower staff that doesn't know a SureShot from a 7D?

My 7D failed after being exposed to some rain, in a rainforest in N Madagascar(2 days before I was headed home). Canon initially pulled that warranty clause business with me. I made it clear under the specific conditions my 7D was exposed to that was not acceptable, and demanded to speak to a supervisor. Twice. The 3rd was the charm. He was very competent & asked specific questions, then investigated the service ctr situation w/the camera.

Without my asking, he had a NIB 7D w/all accessories sent Fed Ex overnight to me within a wk of our speaking. I'm not sure if my being a loyal Canon customer for 25 yrs played a part(nothing huge - the 7D was my 3rd body), or that it had a defective seal. I think both were factors. Despite the terrible situation of my 7D failing on a once-in-a-lifetime trip halfway around the planet, they definitely succeeded in keeping me a loyal customer with flying colors.

Some like to harp about bad service experiences at Canon, but I can assure you won't get that quality of service from Nikon. I base this on poor experiences a friend has had w/Nikon, despite spending I bet $20k plus w/them (and we're talking $5-6000 Nikon D3 bodies too!). It depends on the specific situation(and I've gathered my result isn't the norm), but I have to wonder how many just accept what the first person at Canon tells them?

Cheers,

Mark

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow