SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 19,061Gear list
Like?
OT, backups ..... Jeff......
In reply to Jeff Tokayer, Apr 26, 2013

Jeff Tokayer wrote:

Back to forums (or seeing that we have gone all Latin - fora), sure beats doing anything useful. Currently wasting time on the 'net because this notebook is doing a horrendously long backup to  my NAS, yikes, another 23 hours to go.

Are you doing a wi-fi backup? I did that once and it took 3 days. My subsequent full backup, using a gigabit network, took only 6 hours.

Um, yes indeed, it is WiFi as I'm too lazy to drag the cable from behind the TV over to the coffee table. Hey, it gives me something to complain about, and isn't what what forums are all about?

What I do dread is adding more capacity (another 3TB) to the NAS, 4 drives capacity, 3 only at the moment (1TB+1TB+3TB). The restriping seems to take forever. And later I want to replace the two 1 TB drives with 3 or 4 TB drives, oh boy, that will takes many days to sort itself out.

Regards..... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow