Thom Hogan's assessment of a D400

Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
hval
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Re: What I Like on D200 & D300
In reply to jfriend00, Apr 26, 2013

jfriend00 wrote

My point was that I'm better off with two cameras a D300 and NEX.  One optimized for max IQ, low light, action shooting - the other optimized for small and portable, but still a very quality sensor.

If you try to put both optimizations into the same camera, you get an albatross that is best at none.  If you are only going to buy one camera, then you just have to decide which tradeoffs you want to favor.

-- hide signature --

I agree totally with what you write.  Is why I am willing to accept the size and weight of the D200 and D300.  I like them, they are robust and they do me.  I sacrifice on size and weight and accept that.  Still doesn't stop me wishing for a slightly smaller and lighter DSLR.  I did look at the Sony Nex, along with many other cameras.  I prefer the Nikons.  I actually find the size of the Leica M240 a really good size for me.  Unfortunately it just does not do what I want Very well.

hval's gear list:hval's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX500 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow