First Post - D800 soon, Please Advise: Which first two lenses?

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
nathantw
Contributing MemberPosts: 904
Like?
Re: Perturbed by the Rudeness and Hostility on these Forums
In reply to PHXAZCRAIG, Apr 26, 2013

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

The 1.8 indeed seems as good as it's reputation (though I've not shot it much yet).   I STILL can't justify the 1.4, but somehow I still wonder if I would have liked it even more.

Just because of that itch that doesn't go away, I'd say just get the 1.4g, pair it with a Sigma 35F1.4, and be happy.

It's because of comments like this that mirrored my comments and thoughts one time that I learned long ago to just save and buy what *I* felt was the best. The reason is that you'll always be second guessing and saying "I wonder..."

Sometimes I'm happy with the lowest model but there are times I just go for it all and get what I perceived as the best at the time. Though the 85 f/1.8G sounded awesome, I wanted something a little different than a direct replacement to my 85 f/1.8AF, so I got the f/1.4G. Was it worth it? Sure, I don't have any "wanting" of anything the 85 f/1.8G might have other than $1000 I would have saved.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathantw/
Always have a camera with you and make sure you use it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow