MFT shipments down

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sean Nelson
Forum ProPosts: 10,103
Like?
Re: MFT shipments down
In reply to agentul, Apr 26, 2013

agentul wrote:

But, no, if a manufacturer doesn't put out a new model every few months they are bad mouthed as being on the verge of collapse - look at the people crying the end of Apple, Microsoft, maybe even Pentax, I don't know.

I miss the old days when consumers demanded products that were reliable and were expected to last a long time.   I was really p*ssed off when I could no longer buy the proprietary batteries required for my first cell phone, which forced me into buying a phone I didn't need.   It's one of the reasons I really, really love equipment that takes AA batteries.   I'm still using the DSLR and compact camera I bought 5 years ago, both of which take AA batteries.  They work like new.   The sole reason I'm looking for a replacement is because of HD video, and I'm taking my sweet time to choose a camera that suits me perfectly so that I don't have to go and replace it for another 5 or hopefully 10 years.

This Li-Ion proprietary battery nonsense is a real scam, and it annoys me that consumers put up with it.   There's absolutely no technical reason why the photographic and other industries couldn't standardize on some standard Li-Ion form factors.   It's greed and planned obsolescence, pure and simple.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow