MFT shipments down

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Sean Nelson
Sean Nelson Forum Pro • Posts: 11,730
Re: MFT shipments down

agentul wrote:

But, no, if a manufacturer doesn't put out a new model every few months they are bad mouthed as being on the verge of collapse - look at the people crying the end of Apple, Microsoft, maybe even Pentax, I don't know.

I miss the old days when consumers demanded products that were reliable and were expected to last a long time.   I was really p*ssed off when I could no longer buy the proprietary batteries required for my first cell phone, which forced me into buying a phone I didn't need.   It's one of the reasons I really, really love equipment that takes AA batteries.   I'm still using the DSLR and compact camera I bought 5 years ago, both of which take AA batteries.  They work like new.   The sole reason I'm looking for a replacement is because of HD video, and I'm taking my sweet time to choose a camera that suits me perfectly so that I don't have to go and replace it for another 5 or hopefully 10 years.

This Li-Ion proprietary battery nonsense is a real scam, and it annoys me that consumers put up with it.   There's absolutely no technical reason why the photographic and other industries couldn't standardize on some standard Li-Ion form factors.   It's greed and planned obsolescence, pure and simple.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow