ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nexxer
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Plea To Sony: More Quality Lenses, Fewer Bodies
Apr 26, 2013

Hi,

When I switched from my Nikon D300 with a 17-55mm 2.8 to the NEX-7 a year ago I knew that the lens quality at the time was not as good as the established Nikon ones, but promises were made by Sony to address that and given the increasing popularity of the NEX line coupled with Sony's established lens support of the Alpha line I thought that we would soon be seeing some quality lenses, especially in the fast zoom category.

A year later and not much has changed in the Sony E-Mount lens world. Some new variants of the existing lens and some support from Sigma with some primes and maybe an E-Mount of the new 15-30mm 1.8. The lens adapter strategy just diminishes the small size and low weight features of the NEX bodies, may as well go back to a DLSR.

My fervent plea to Sony is to stop with the new bodies offering incremental features and please, please, please give us some new and better lenses to optimize the latent picture quality in the current camera body line up. It is so frustrating to have a really great body and sensor and no high quality lenses for it. I am already thinking of bailing on the platform due to this.

Can I get an amen on this or am I out in left field?

Nexxer's gear list:Nexxer's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS 100D Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
NEX5R Nikon D300 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow