Lens questions.... Voigtlander/Zeiss/Leica on Leica M.

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tcom
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,995Gear list
Like?
Lens questions.... Voigtlander/Zeiss/Leica on Leica M.
Apr 26, 2013

Hi

I am taking more and more photos at concerts. While the shutter noise of a DSLR is not a problem pop/rock concerts, it is a different story on classical concerts or even harp concerts. That's why I am looking for a quieter camera (well, all cameras are quieter than my Nikon D4), but to cover harp concerts, a DSLR is certainly not an option.

I was looking for a Leica rangefinder digital camera and have the chance to test a Leica M9 over this weekend. The M9 came with a Summicron-M f:2/50.

The thing that surprised me most is the lens... Not only is it razor sharp, it also features a wonderful bokeh.

Here are a few test shots, nothing too artistical, these are really just meant as test shots to learn to handle the camera:

I might really be tempted in getting a Leica, probably the Leica M (240) for the better high iso performance for concerts. The thing that really holds me back is the price of Leica lenses.

I saw that both Zeiss and Voigtlander do also make lenses in Leica M mount. How close do these come to the performance of the Leica glass? What are the more recommended third party lenses? Are there Voigtlander or Zeiss lenses which are better avoided?

tcom's gear list:tcom's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Pentax 645D Nikon D4 Leica M Typ 240 Pentax K-3 +24 more
Nikon D4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow