Started Apr 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfriend00
Forum ProPosts: 11,106
Like?
Re: What I Like on D200 & D300
In reply to hval, Apr 26, 2013

hval wrote:

Friend00,

I really like the D200 and D300. I compromise on the size and weight as I prefer an optical viewfinder and the controls on the nikon D200 and D300.  There have been too many times where the screen on the back of cameras is not visible in bright light.  Also the Sony Nex is not good as the D300 at auto focussing in low light. Am not fond of the Sony Nex menu system and buttons, though this is probably due to lack of practice.  I would possibly buy a Sony Nex, other than I have invested in Nikon and do not want to have to invest so much again, all at one time.

My point was that I'm better off with two cameras a D300 and NEX.  One optimized for max IQ, low light, action shooting - the other optimized for small and portable, but still a very quality sensor.

If you try to put both optimizations into the same camera, you get an albatross that is best at none.  If you are only going to buy one camera, then you just have to decide which tradeoffs you want to favor.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow