Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mr Gadget
Senior MemberPosts: 1,741
Like?
Re: Fuji Can keep prices high
In reply to mistermejia, Apr 26, 2013

mistermejia wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

If I wanted what you want, I would get a Sony NEX. They have plenty of cheaper, average lenses.

The lenses for the x system are top draw and compare favourably to equivalent DSLR lenses. The 35mm in particular is stellar, approaching Leica levels of performance at 1/6 the cost. That's why the seem expensive.

Not sure why you think the xf lenses are poor wide open: the reverse is true.
--
http://sgoldswoblog.wordpress.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgoldswo/

I never said "poor".  Lest softness wide open is what i have read in other places, and specifically towards the zoom 18-55, and yes, i have heard really really good things about the 35mm.  My issue with price is more towards the cameras.  You honestly don't think this bodies cost a bit too much?  If the prices were just right i would immediately go sell my Nikon stuff and move on.

What difference will it make what I or you or anyone else think about the prices? They are what they are... I seriously doubt that a Fujifilm product/marketing manager will read this post and say "Oh my, we should lower the price of our cameras because there is this post on DPR". Do you really think that will happen? Seriously?

Fujifilm established the prices for thier cameras some time ago. People flocked to the stores and bought them, which pretty well established that they werent too far off in their pricing for the preceived value of the product, eh? If everyone would stop buying Fujifilm cameras then the price may fall, but from what I see of the number of posts here about all the new cameras being purchased then my guess is that most folks feel that the cameras represent good value.

Put it this way, I would rather spend $1400 on an X-Pro1 than $2000 on a dusty/oily D600 or $3000 on a D800 with focus issues.

So, if the purpose of your original post was to vent and let off steam, go ahead on, hope you feel better. If you think that you are actually going to change anything, then I am afraid you will be disappointed.

Have a nice day!

-- hide signature --

Conrad
---------------------------------------------------
Show Low, Arizona

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DuhNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow