Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
coudet
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,602
Like?
Re: Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter
In reply to marike6, Apr 26, 2013

marike6 wrote:

Again, if you can see that D7100 images are sharper than D5200 images in the RAW Studio

Exactly, sharper, but about the same resolution. Apply some sharpening to D5200, you'll be surprised how they compare then.

As I keep pointing out, the only thing that's gonna give you more resolution is, well, more megapixels. So, anyone wanting more resolution than D5200 better start asking for a 36mp DX Nikon..

Nothing is confirmed other than the fact that DPR has it's own biases, it's own conclusions.

I don't think it's really bias, it's just that dpreview are rarely critical enough. They write their reviews for both you, me and beginners.

Honestly, other than test pictures they provide (Imaging Resource has better selection, though), I don't know of how much use dpreview reviews can be to a knowledgeable and informed user.

And like their flat out wrong opinion that "for the majority of users to get better IQ than the OMD you need to go to FF"

Or you can buy any APS-C camera. Despite the hype, OMD is not equal to APS-C cameras.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
DataNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow