Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,868Gear list
Like?
Very happy with 13" MBP
In reply to noirdesir, Apr 26, 2013

noirdesir wrote:

Pic Man wrote:

I'm looking to spend around a £1000 but can go higher if I think it's worth it. I've been looking around at different macs and this one seems to have the best specs for the money. Are the specs of this mac good enough, I'm a little worried that it's lacking in the graphics department.

I have exactly this model (but I added an SSD and upped the RAM to 16 GB). When using it with a 24" monitor, there is occasionally a little bit of hesitation in the graphics displaying (eg, when adjusting an image). But otherwise it absolutely fine.

I have the same setup, except it's driving a 27" NEC PA271 with no hesitation at all. I shoot events and process 600-2000 RAW files at a time, and this little machine never breaks a sweat.

I invest in computers the way I invest in cameras: I buy just enough camera/computer and invest whatever's left over in the best lenses/monitor. In this case, the 13" MBP is more than enough.

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow