ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lord Mox
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
Monitor Choice, Graphic Card, etc... :(
Apr 26, 2013

Hey all,

I am about to invest in a new monitor. I really do need help. I used to be a gamer and one of my main issues was response time. That's all over now as I've quit gaming....and found a new hobby...photography.

My current monitor isn't that good. I see color banding almost in every photo when I start to edit it in LR or PS. So, after some research I learned that it's mainly due to my monitor...after more research I settled on Dell ultrasharp 2413. I could go to 27" ...but I am not comfortable increasing the size...It might be that, for gaming, I am used to smaller screen where I can see things faster if the monitor is smaller as I don't need to move my head! Anyway, the questions are:

-For a 24", what do you recommend for a monitor that won't exceed $700-800...for photo editing that is.

-Does graphic card performance matters for photo editing as much as it does for gaming?? my current is Nvidia GTX 560.

Again, I could go to $900 if it's really worth it.(But I am keeping in mind that I would probably need to invest in a calibration device which would easily cost me an additional $200+).

Thanks guys...

Lord Mox's gear list:Lord Mox's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow