7d Mk II - This does not make sense!

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 44,299Gear list
Like?
That would be completely nuts!
In reply to tvstaff, Apr 26, 2013

tvstaff wrote:

I really don't understand why Canon would make the new 7d Mk II anything BUT Full Frame.

For the 7D to be a 7D it needs a few defining characteristics:

• Fast frame rates (10fps would be nice)
  • High pixel density (higher than current would be nice)
  • Medium-sized body (not a 1D-sized body)
  • Moderate price (in the sub $2,000 range, not the $3,000-10,000 range)
  • Great AF performance (like the 5DIII, perhaps)

The 7DII absolutely, positively has to be a 20+MP crop-sensor camera, or it loses the above defining characteristics.

• They can't make it have high pixel density and a fast frame rate if it's full-frame.  Too many pixels to process and save.
  • If they somehow could, it's price and size would be in the same class as the 1DX.

I'd love a 7DII and a 5DIIIn/IV (whatever) released at about the same time and with the same user interface.

I've used my 20D and 5D together since they were new and I love that I don't have to figure out a different user interface between the cameras.  I also love that they have different purposes (20D is fast with high pixel density, the 5D is good in low light with a bigger sensor), and I use each to its own advantage.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow