Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ChipD
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Like?
To sell my D7000 and lens or not? Have the EM-5
Apr 26, 2013

Well now that I've been shooting since Christmas with my EM-5, I find that I haven't pulled my Nikon D7000 out of the case more than once in 4 months.  It's a wonderful camera, and I have the following lenses.

Nikon 70-200 F2.?, Nikon 16-35 F3.5, Nikon 24-120 the new one, Tamron 60mm Macro, Nikon 70-300 F whatever and various assortment of multipliers etc.

As to the OMD, I have the kit 14-42 Oly lens, the Panasonic 20mm F1.7, the Oly 14-150, and the Oly 70-300, all Micro 4/3rds.

So I'm sure I'm not the only one that has asked this question, but at what point do you either sell the Nikon and keep the OMD, or maybe even vice versa.  Certainly it's wonderful to have the OMD and 2 lens in my pocket, which I could never do with the Nikon.  No, I don't think I have a desire to upgrade to the D7200.  (Sorry Nikon)

I bought the OMD for ease of portability when I travel by air.  So I'm most interested in seeing if any of you have had the same conundrum.  And what was the tipping factor.  I suppose I should go out and take some pics and see if I can blow them up and see if there is a big diff. I'm sure the D7000 will come out on top.  But having to haul it and the attendent glass around is getting to be a pain.  I'm 65 now.

Thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

Chip D

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow