7d Mk II - This does not make sense!

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
tko
tko
Forum ProPosts: 10,100
Like?
why?
In reply to tvstaff, Apr 26, 2013

You want a high end video camera, a high end sports camera, and a high end FF camera rolled up in one, w/only a slight price mark up.

tvstaff wrote:

As a 7D owner... I would (want) think that Canon would make the 7d Mk II a must buy for those who enjoy the 7D.

Would it not have made sense for the 7d Mk II to have the following:

Full Frame - Water and Dust Tight - Auto Focus w/Video - More Cross Sections for Focus - Wifi

FF - that's what defines the 7d. It it was FF it would be the top of the line 1D pro series w/a $10,000 price tag.

It already has AF for video. Not the best, but that's the nature of the beast.

Wifi for a 10FPS camera? Wifi is for studio shots. Never use it for travel. Never use it for sports.

With just the above I think two things could happen. 7D owners would buy one as a step up for those of us that want Full Frame AND 5D Mk III owners that wanted a Water and Dust Tight backup.

I really don't understand why Canon would make the new 7d Mk II anything BUT Full Frame.

Well, I wouldn't buy it, because I have 5dIII. I like the crop of the 7d. A 20+ MP sensor in crop would be wonderful

Since I love my 7D and the abuse it can take, I was really hoping the new 7D MkII would fall between the 5D and 1D for some features I wanted at around the $2,500 to $3,000 range....

Why should it be better than the 5d series?

Is there ANY chance this will be the case?? ANY?

Zero.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow