ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
naththo
Regular MemberPosts: 262Gear list
Like?
Difference between ACR Calibration and Colorchecker Passport
Apr 26, 2013

Hi,

I have made comparison of ACR Calibration and Colorchecker passport software. As a result of 50D profile:-

ACR Calibration:

Less saturation, more of conservative like Nikon does that way. But red has slightly got magenta tinge mostly. The rest are fine really. It just the only red color bothered me.

Colorchecker passport:

Very similar but more saturated but again red color still bothered me as it has got magenta tinge and it does show bit more contrasty than ACR Calibration

So both software are not that accurate for calibrate the profile. It should be red as it is without too much change of hue. I guess those both software did change hue a bit too much in the red color.

I download the colorchecker picture from a review website source to use to profile it.

For the canned profile, Canon 50D profile is not accurate due to skies too light color. And for Adobe standard it looks okay but blue skies a bit too cyan for my liking.

The ACR 4.6 is pretty good but unfortunately it has gone too yellow for me in yellow area. It should be orange but it went yellow on ACR 4.6.

Are these something wrong as it does not make sense to me?

And these profile are mostly good for daylight shooting and some good for portrait shooting. But indoor non flash and sunset image may not be suitable to use those custom profile. It needs to have different lighting to make more than few custom profile to match these: Landscape, portrait, cityscape, architecture, indoor non flash, flash, etc etc etc. Thats the problem.

naththo's gear list:naththo's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 DN +4 more
Canon EOS 50D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow