Which of these do you like best?

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Docno
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,097Gear list
Like?
PP'ing
In reply to salla30, Apr 26, 2013

salla30 wrote:

I dont think I have posted more than one PP'ed image on this forum, and then it was just to show DR of RX100 (to bring out shadows on a specific image).

I am with you on this. I think you can make a heck of a photo on camera, without needed PP. For me that's the fun.

I would like to learn PP to CREATE something completely new and artistic.

I don't bemoan the people who do use PP to enhance, but it's just not my interest. I'd rather be out taking more pics with the camera.

That's me, now, perhaps in 5 years' time Ill be of the opposite opinion.

Yeah, I see your point. But I like to do my post work at night (when the light is best) and when nothing else is going on. Some people can watch and focus on TV, but I can't ... if the TV is on, I will also be on my laptop playing with photos from a recent trip. I was a painter when I was young, so I actually quite enjoy the process of 'working' on images and experimenting with different looks. And my girlfriend, when she's in town, is very patient with me... when we're relaxing at the end of the night, she has no problem with me playing about with my photos. She keeps herself entertained on my iPad and occasionally checks in to see what I'm doing with her portraits or our travel shots

But I fully understand how this may not be everyone's cup of tea... especially if there's work to be done and kids to attend to ...

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow